Monday 27 June 2016

I LOVE YOU By Onuh Justus Izuchukwu



‘I LOVE YOU’ is a clause that continues to lose its meaning every time. The clause has different meaning to different people regardless of race and culture.

I am always generous with the clause and I have received different reactions from different people. I was 100% sincere when I said to her "I love you". She was not the only person I ever told that, however, she became annoyed. If it were some people, they would say "are you sure?” Some others would say, "What do you mean?" While others would respond with ecstasy, "I love you too"

 I was raised in a family where my parents always told me whenever I was doing well "Izu Jisie Ike, we Love you". Even the letters they send me in school always carry, "remember we love you".  

The conception of love from my childhood was never what so many people take it to be. The real meaning of ‘I LOVE YOU’ is not found in the words themselves, but in the intention behind them. Thus, it could mean something different each time it is used.

When your intention to love is very conscious and clear, even the people you love will feel more loved by you.

My confusion about ‘I LOVE YOU’ is very complicated by the excessive casual use of the word ‘LOVE’. I am now afraid of using it on people because some people’s level of understanding it is quite different. 

The real meaning of love is God. “God is madly in love with us” said by saint Catherine of Siena. It is only when we understand this that we will discover that love is irresistible and therefore begin to make judicious use of the word ‘LOVE’.

  

FORGIVE ME. By Onuh Justus Izuchukwu

I was the man who misunderstood her intentions. She saw a Rose (flower) in my computer bag and she insisted in knowing who it is meant for...